Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Numb

When I first started a blog, my brother advised me to make sure that I updated it often. Maybe back then, my initial reactions were 1) It's my blog and no one's going to tell me how to go about it and 2)Of course! How hard could it be? I'm just overflowing with emotion! ;p

Hmm...3 months and only a few blog posts later, I'm learning that 1)I think I want to post more and 2)It's not that easy after all. -_-'

Yes, it's simple to be EMO (*that's my word-of-the-moment, btw...lately, everyone seems to be using it!* :O ), but the stuff I want to put in my blog is about the emotions that I want to share. And lately, there hasn't been much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting lots of free time in college, plus more hours to slack off. But I can't help but feel like a mechanical toy, going through the tireless motions of a regular school week: Botany Lab on Mondays (yuk!), Math and Filipino on Tuesdays/Thursdays, half-day Wednesdays, and debate on Fridays. There's the agonizing weekend spent doing projects and homework, then it's back to the way things were. Sometimes, this routine makes me feel like hiding from the world and just going to sleep. -_-'

And to think that routine would make things feel right, feel familiar. But it hasn't. In fact, all the more I grope, seeking the one thing that feels like home.

Till then, I'll be working, blindly doing what I'm told and what I have to do. Through the flurry of low test scores, hectic major projects and killer on-the-spot quizzes, I think I'll just be numb.

POSTSCRIPT: Just to lighten the mood...
*Word of the moment: EMO ;p
*Foodgasmic Alert: Peking Garden's Golden Prawns dipped in Salted Egg. Yummmmmm!!! :) :) :) Actually reminds me of Zong's Fried Chicken, which I think is similarly prepared, but I never got to try it again :(

1 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *nagpaparamdam*
    tolja i'll come visit ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home