Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First Look at College (and a few apologies)

To start off, let me say sorry to the people I offended in my last post:

MarieLLE: Ooops! Sorry talaga. Hehe. Really didn't know that's how it's supposed to be spelled. Anyway, it's the thought that counts, right? *wink*

(And this person really deserves a MAJOR apology) PATSY dearest: So, so, so sorry! :O :O :O You're the only one at that dinner table that is my fellow Atenean (unless you count Pau), so I will specially mention you: Also on that fateful debate night was Patsy, poet/writer/artist extrordinaire, and although we're still in the same campus, nothing was better than being with her that night. It was a walk down memory lane, of us still being ICANs and ICAN debaters, and I'll never forget the moments we had together as fishies, like the 2nd invites at St.Paul Pasig, the trainings where we talked about our non-existent love lives *winkwinkpatsy!*, and of course, the times when we both had bursts of adrenaline (especially when debating against angas boys who think they know better---when they obviously don't! ;P). Well, Patsy, I'm really glad that you're still my schoolmate because I know that you're someone that I can always talk to and approach. Here's to a great freshman year, and good luck in your course! :)

Allow me to also comment on the comments made on my previous post:
Purple Cow C.Aw (where the heck did you get that nickname? -_-'): I have to totally agree with Julie and Bea's reactions; only you would *** the word 'stupid'! *sigh* C.Aw...

Now on to my first days in Ateneo. Actually, we're not doing that much as of the moment. In my English and Filipino classes, we had diagnostic tests (profiency testing in the former, and a placement test for the latter). Filipino has two parts, the first of which I took awhile ago. All I can say is, I'm bracing myself to get demoted to FIL 10 (basic), because I think I screwed up. There was vocabulary, sentence analysis, and something about talinhagas (idioms), all of which I probably bombed. Talk about the sad state of our national language! Anyway, I ended up with Botany as my Natsci, which was really my 2nd choice, but I can't help but think about the boredom that's sure to follow. What can I say? Biology is NOT in my blood... it's just that I have a better chance of passing it as compared to Chemistry, Physics and Zoology (and that's saying something). We already have a scheduled quiz for Lab next Monday---about what, I'm not quite sure---and that's a problem. :O

Had my first PE class this morning at 7AM...Yes, 7AM! The sacrifice better be well worth it, because I chose a PE I liked despite its horrible time: Table Tennis. Our teacher, Mr. Alex Torres (his first rule is that we had to remember his name), seems fine, so I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be a huge mistake. -_-' Also had 1 1/2 hours of Math today, which wasn't too bad, except that I really should have paid more attention when we were discussing exponents and radicals in high school. The next two weeks in Math will be spent reviewing Algebra, though, because all freshies will be taking a placement exam in July. Oh dear. Well, I won't be really surprised if I get demoted to basic. Just one year of Math! Kaya nga nag-Comm ako eh. Hehehe. :)

I've got a great schedule for the rest of the week, though. I guess that's one good thing about being in college---it basically becomes your life, your time. And you've got lots of time to walk around, eat, get lost, eat some more, and get fat. That's why they say that freshies gain pounds. :O

I think I may be starting to miss having something to do every moment. At least, that was what ICAN life was like. (Isn't it a little too soon to be school sick? :O ) Anyway, I'm hoping to visit this Friday. Maybe that'll cure some of it. :)