Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hello, bloggers of the world!


After seeing friends and family put up their own online journals, I can't believe that I've finally joined the club. Mind you, I've never been one to keep up with Internet fads that seem to sprout up as easily as mushrooms; I never downloaded, much less used mIRC in its hottest days, and my Friendster account lies for weeks unused, until I use it at my convenience. This blog is going to be an exception, I hope; the avenue of expression for all the thoughts that run through my head at the ungodliest of hours and desperately need to be told. There are actually a lot of them, more than I thought anyway. Hehe! Feel free to leave a comment, relevant or otherwise. As much as possible, no profanities please! God knows I have enough of them in my head. :P

Anyway, today's the first day of classes for the high schoolers of my dear alma mater. I've always had a slight problem about letting go; I mean, it's quite normal to still feel attached to something that's been part of your life for 13 years. Today, it's June 5, 2006; school starts once more, and I can't help but feel that I'm missing out on something. Like I'm still supposed to be sitting in the classroom, surrounded by the stuffy lavender walls and listening to the drones of my just-met teacher. Then reality crashes and I'm actually just sitting in front of the computetr, typing my musings. And while there are some high school things that I certainly won't miss (academic and behavioral pressure, bad teachers and conservative administration), and there are some people that I definitely don't want to see again, let's face it: I think I'm already starting to miss high school.

Let me share some high school moments that are running through my head:

-trying to sleep (for the first and last time) in the middle of 3rd year English

-receiving a 4/10 in my first Geometry quiz

-passing notes with Wy almost everyday since we became classmates ;)

-dressing up in my mother's nightgown and curlers for the English Speechfest in 1st year

-performing in front of the whole high school body in that get-up for the said event

-going crazy and feeling burned out after lunch every Thursday in 4th year, where we had double Math, followed by Physics

-texting Chinky every night to ask about homework or that confusing Physics problem

*more to come. You didn't think there were that few, right? *winkwink*





3 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said…

    Oooh, brand new blog! As a fellow blogger/bloghound, I'm thrilled you've decided to jump on our bandwagon. I'm adding you to my links. =D

    "trying to sleep (for the first and last time) in the middle of 3rd year English" -tsk tsk tsk. *conspirational wink*

    I whole-heartedly agree with you on the lavender walls and (ultra-)conservative administration, hehe. I miss ICA but there are just some things that I will never regret leaving behind.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Stone_set said…

    yeah, i remember the angsty note passing and right after lunch brooding and trying to sleep in english class days! here's to more memories over the next few years as we leave these gladly, but sadly, behind.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah. I can't believe we're not going back there this year. :D I miss everyone already!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home