Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bittersweet

Finished Orsem 2006, aptly titled "Viaje", recently, but as of the moment, I can't write too much about college yet. They say that you don't know a person until you live in the same house with him/her, and I guess it's also pretty applicable in this case. Classes start Monday, though, and I'm sure that I'll have a ton to write about after that. My schedule doesn't seem so bad, except that I have to wake up earlier everyday than I did during my HS days (because of varying 7am and 7:30am classes -_-'), and it's roughly an hour's ride from my house to ADMU. Oh, and both my comm and english blocks are cool, and there are plenty of fun people all around. Plus, the Ateneo community seems perfectly willing to welcome new blood like us. I've also seen a lot of ICAns whom I haven't talked to in a long time, like Nat, Den, Shereen, and Jean. So far, so good! :)

The highlight of the week, though, came when I attended debate bonding last night. It was the first gathering of the newbies with the oldies, and it was especially funny when I noticed that the dining table in Janne's house was more filled than usual! The more, the merrier, as they say. I was really happy to see that everyone was there, and we did a lot of catching up. It seemed like I never really left high school at all, and after that night, I know that this is one part that I never want to let go. The newbies were all nice and COOPERATIVE (*winkwink*), and thankfully, I was even able to remember their names (Hi, Pam, Mariel, Candice, Kim, Jeanina and Kazumi! Peace tayo ha! ;P ). The dear oldies were still as wacky and HUNGRY as ever (!), like nothing's really changed. There was Janne, smart and generous as always; Julie, still the nice little angel; C.Aw, with the ever-smiling face; Corps Cathy, who told me a very DISTURBING story (shudder! ;P); Ces, who's still very outspoken; Pei, who was single-handedly cleaning out the dessert; Bea, still gentle and nice; Rachel, cute as ever, Bev, who's adorable because she's in love (Yihheee Bev! *WINKWINKWINK*! Hehe :) and AA, my dear partner! Let's also not forget Pauie, our mommy whale who's really soon to be a mommy! :) Being with them brought back a whole lot of memories, and even if technically, I'm not an ICAn anymore, I know that a part of me will always be a fishie, for better or for worse. I'm wishing them all the luck and confidence they can muster, because there's going to be a great year ahead of them, one that has its own share of ups and downs. These guys are going to do so well, and no one can deny that the future is in this crazy bunch. Even though I'm now a 'legend' (that's a nicer word for super oldie! ;P), I hope that I can still be close to these guys. And I hope they know that they can approach me anytime for help, whether in terms of debate matters or gossip. Hehe! GO FISHIES!!! :) Rock on! Break it down, y'all! :D

Will be visiting ICA soon (soon is defined as in the span of 2 weeks). Hope to see happy and familiar faces all around!


8 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI SEL! :P wala lang:P

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heeeey! seluuuuy!

    this is crazy purple cow c.aw! hahah! whoa... i totally agree with what you said about the st*p*d grading system that was implemented!ack! Hmm....that deserves to be published....*wink*wink*

    btw....yihee.. na-extra pa kami sa blog mooooo..heeeeh! yay!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    selly belly. it's the still-nice-little-angel. hehe.

    c. aw's the only person i know who'd do the asterisk thingamajiggy to the word stupid. ;)

    add my pretty little lj to links!!! hehehehehe --> www.livejournal.com/users/jkmp923

    wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it's sunday.

    ...

    ... HUUUUUUUUUUG.

    Lalalalalala.

    - Juleh

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha... u remembered our names nga... wrong spelling nmn... hahah marieLLE... hahahaha... 4givable... Uys rock kc e...
    Good luck sa college lyf!!!:P

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey sel!

    hope everything goes well sa ADMU. update soon.

    ingats and miss you! :)

    P.S. i agree with juli. since was the word 'stupid' asterisk-able? (note to self: must ask c.aw.)

    - the gentle and nice bea -> seriously?!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hurted!! haha u forgot to mention meeee -fellow atenean

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey sel tis bev.

    and.. i'm enjoying my second year? REALLY NOW. and.. I AM SO NOT IN LOVE! >.<

    but yeah.. ;__; the grading system is ebil.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home