Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Before the Moment Passes...

I was supposed to update my blog a few days ago (last weekend, actually) but with the homework and semi-writer's block I was encountering, it seemed impossible to do so. Anyway, now that the rest of my week in college's looking relatively light (really!) and because I'm afraid of forgetting the emotions that came about, I'd better put this post up a.s.a.p.

Last Friday was pretty good because first, we didn't have classes. Wow! Just one week in Ateneo and we already have a day off. That's always good. Hehe. :) Well, that day was certainly time well spent and a good way to cap off the week because I visited my dear high school. First surprise was at Gate 2, where I found out that I had to see Ms. Maryl (school secretary) because I wasn't allowed to 'loiter' around during class hours. That's something new, and it's one sign that they're not letting anyone distract classes that easily anymore. Hehe. :) Oh, did I mention that the directress (I hope everyone knows whom I'm talking about! ;p) actually came out of her office and greeted me? It was fine enough, except that I had to make sure that I put my hands behind my back. No, it would not do to expose my neon orange fingernails to the highest figure of a school that preaches simplicity and discretion. I may be out of high school, but I still know the rules, thank you very much.

That encounter ended without incident, and soon, I met up with Ms. P6 Tan, who was actually the primary reason for my visit. After looking at me from top to toe (but to her, I gamely flashed my orange fingernails and neon pink toenails ;p), she promptly brought me to the brand-new faculty. I saw a lot of my former teachers who were all still the same, but nonetheless welcoming. There's Gng. Dela Rosa, still very motherly, and she gave a warm hug; Tweety, to whom I owe much love :); Gng. Serrano, who wasn't too pleased to hear about the Filipino diagnostic that I bombed :P ; Ms. Tria my motherhen, who brought back memories of our crazy history training sessions; Mrs. V, who's energy and spunk I truly missed (btw, she happened to ask me if I missed her, to which I replied "Of course!" :) ; I even saw Ms. Fernandez (whom I hope is happy and successful wherever she is), and who's act of encouragement has never been forgotten by me; and there were a lot whom I was able to wave or say a quick "hi" to, like Ms. Virtudazo, Ms. Torreliza, Ms. Hechanova, Ms. Juanta, Ms. Claur, Ms. Mejia, Ms. Gutierrez ...basically, a lot of friendly faces that I truly missed. It was a blast to go back and still feel welcomed (and recognized) by these people. I know that I'll miss seeing their faces in class.

Oh, and I didn't forget my main reason for visiting. Ultimately, seeing Ms. Eintan made the trip worthwhile; the approximately hour-long talk we had may have only been a mere fraction of the talks we used to have, but it still brought back wonderful memories of a friendship that I really keep close to my heart. I don't think I could ever express how much I appreciate her; despite all the times I've bullied her (with accompaniment from Krish, Wy, and Chinkytoots), all the times I've told her how much I hate Physics and all the times I've simply bugged her to death, she still tolerates me for being me. Not only that, but there have been countless times when's she's gone above and beyond the call of duty of just being a teacher. With that, who wouldn't keep coming back just to experience it all over again? :)

Of course, what would school be without any students? I mostly saw the Xygenz batch, with Corps Cathy and the officers in the middle of their CAT glory. Also saw AA taking the naka-humandahumanda test and C.Aw, doing an awkward tumalikod 'rap! (Hehe!). but the highlight was definitely seeing my DWTL babies again. Though they were still in their CAT line formations, their enthusiastic waves and shouts of "mommy!" really made me feel loved. It's been months since we shared 3 days of eye bags, tears and laughter, but in my heart, the memory is still fresh, as if it all just happened yesterday. My babies, I wish I got to hug all of you! I'm really missing those times when we'd see each other in the HSCC and yell out each other's names; that time when I dropped by your classroom (then 3-Mercy) to write a message on your 'hand-y' bulletin board; and of course, those lemon-lime-scented prayers as a batch. Love all of you to death, and I'm honored to be your mommy. Work hard as seniors, never lose hope, and above all, live the 4th always! I'll be seeing you guys soon. You're almost a year old... *winkwink* :)

Not bad for an otherwise uneventful Friday, huh? Stay tuned for more, especially on what happened during dinner on that very same day. :)

P.S. BTW, I recently learned how to tinker with the links on my right sidebar. YM or leave a comment if you want me to place a link to your blog (leave your name and URL, of course -_-').

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home