Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Having Multiple Food-gasms (No, this is not a dirty post!)

Yesterday in Botany, for some reason, I happened to remember the absolutely best dish I had when I tried Spiral, Philippine Plaza's grand buffet. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't any of the sushi, dimsum or rosted specialities (though they were pretty amazing, too)---instead, the best was at the dessert bar. I don't think I'll be able to forget the hotel's luscious creme brulee--- not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

I was TRYING to tell my Botany seatmate, Sarah, about this delectable treat.
Me: Have you tried Philippine Plaza's creme brulee?
Her: No...what's it like?
Me: I took one bite, and I was like... ohmygodohmygodohmygod... (imagine me contorting my face to come up with my best "I'm-in-heaven-right-now" look)

Food like that needs the right word, something I couldn't exactly come up with during Botany. That night, though, as I was watching Iron Chef America, one of the judges talked about a word she had just learned (and which is, my new word right now)---FOODGASM. Delicious, ain't it?

So, yes, next time I talk about the best chocolate, the best lamb, or the best sushi I've ever had, I'm not going to describe it in simple "great! yum! fantastic!"...I'm going to say that I had another foodgasm, and enjoyed every moment of it.

Uhm...creme brulee...truly foodgasmic. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said…

    I can totally relate. The best creme brulee I've had is at Chateau 1771. You might also want to try Haagen-Dazs Custard Pudding: it combines the richness of creme brulee and the cold yumminess of ice cream. You might just get *ahem* multiple foodgasms. ;p

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger bluednotes said…

    yumyumyum sounds great already just from hearing you describe it :) will try it the next tym i want to have another foodgasm :)

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger fat burrito said…

    lol.. very interesting sel ;p

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an amusing post sel :) FOODGASM! hhahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home