Out of the Blue (blog)

It was supposed to be either "Up in the Air" or "Out of the Blue". Guess which one was chosen for being more appropriate? ;P

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Driving with Miss Selly (part 2)

Had my first driving lesson today, courtesy of Dihya (my 2nd brother, who obviously does not value his life, else he wouldn't have agreed to teach me -_-'). We parked inside a Greenhills village (East, I think), so it would be relatively empty roads...

Dihya: Okay, so to make the car go, you step on the brakes, put the handbrake down, step on the clutch, shift to first gear, slowly step on ---

Me: Teka, teka! Step on the brakes, put the handbr --- ano ulit?!

Dihya: Brakes, handbrake, clutch, first gear...o, yun na muna! Ano ulit sinabi ko?

Me: Brakes, handbrake...uhm...uhm...*blinkblink* Ano ulit?

Dihya: I think I'll put on my seatbelt.

* * *

Dihya: Now try stepping on the clutch. Kelangan all the way to the floor yung pagtapak, ha.

Me: *stepping gingerly on it* It feels like I might break it...

Dihya: Hindi yan. Okay, can you press it all the way?

Me: I think I should move the seat closer to the wheel.

Dihya: Oh, okay, here. *helps me adjust seat* Is that better?

Me: Now I can't see the pedals!

* * *

Me: So while I'm stepping on the clutch, I slowly step on the gas to make the car move, right?

Dihya: Yes! But you have to slowly step on the gas AND gradually step off the clutch at the same time.

Me: Why, what's gonna happen if I press hard on both at the same time?

Dihya: Then the car explodes.

* * *

Me: Okay, let's try it na. *accompany words with actions* Step on the brake, put the handbrake up, step on the clutch, shift to first gear, step off the brakes and step lightly on the gas...and away we go!

*car makes revving sound, and gives a sudden jerk forward*

Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Dihya: Step on the brakes! Brake! Brake!

Me: Ahhh!!! Okay, okay, step on brakes and ---

*car starts bouncing*

Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *steps on brakes harder*

Dihya: Step on the clutch! You're not stepping on the clutch hard enough!

Me: *stomps on clutch, car finally comes to halt* Oh, God, whew!

Dihya: You're supposed to step on the clutch all the way when you brake!

Me: Oh, really?! *lifts foot off brake* How was I supposed to --- *car starts moving forward* AHHHHHH!!!

Dihya: BRAKE! BRAKE!!!

* * *

Dihya: Alright, let's try it one more time!

Me: *grumblegrumble* Fine, fine. *does preliminaries, then steps on gas*

*car makes loud revving sound, and takes of like a shot*

Me and Dihya: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Dihya: BRAKE! BRAKE!

*car comes to a halt*

*stunned silence*

Me: At least I can brake now!

* * *

This does not bode well. -_-'

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger fat burrito said…

    LOL funny. SEL! Switch to matic!!! I fear for your Dihya's life! Good luck to him on your next few driving lesson sessions! Oh, and to you too. Hahaha inuna pa talaga siya eh! LOL. Toodles

     

Post a Comment

<< Home